Sounds easy.. And it kinda is.
I wanted my first post of the year to be about something I have thought about and something I have tried to change. Generally I’m a positive person but like every other human being I do complain, even if it is to myself and not for everyone to hear. As soon as we start to complain a wave of negativity hits us. That wave ain’t a holiday in Mykonos wave, it is a Nazaré (Portugal) surfing wave. In other words, it is high! That negativity tends to make the good things in life go unseen, they are kept hidden behind a wave & makes you focus only on the negative. And all the positives in life are slowly drifting away (drifting awaay, wave after wave hihi).
What I’m trying to say is that complaining -> negativity.
Negativity = bye bye positivity. Wow I really know how to explain things.
On a serious note, I do believe that being aware of when you complain is a real advantage. The minute you complain (and are aware of it) try to control the way you think and try to always see the pros (instead of the cons) in the situation.
– You missed the morning bus… Well did you die? Maybe you got an extra minute hug from your kid or an extra minute to eat your apple. It’s not like you will have to run to work, catch the next bus.
– You forgot your headphones at home… Well does it hurt to hear your own thoughts?
– Someone stepped on your foot (super annoying)… Well did you lose your foot?
– It is super snowy and cold AF… Is it really that bad tho??
“Put your thoughts to sleep,
do not let them cast a shadow over the moon of your heart.
Let go of thinking.” – Rumi
– Until next time in shaa Allah! ❤